View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh
Putting the car on the dyno won't void warranty.
As always if you do something stupid (over-rev, tampering etc) you'll have to consider the consequences.
Also repeating the same stuff over and over again doesn't make it any more truthful/credible but I guess on the Internet everyone is an M engineer or attractive blond...

Well it is kind of like you spewing out this "opinion" that you formulated from nowhere. So to firm up the question about Dynos and warranty issues, and to eliminate any sense of speculation and questioning, you will be able to check with your BMW dealer shortly as BMW has officially implemented the policy and is in the process of releasing a bulletin to US dealers. The only thing I cannot tell you with certainty is whether or not they will be able to apply warranty voids "retro" to the time at which the policy was established.

There you have verifiable fact. No need for further speculation. Unless this decision is overruled for some reason, you will be able to verify this very shortly with your dealer.

Btw...I wonder if you can surmise where policies like these are born from? Where do you think BMW and other manufacturers gather information that gets them saying "hmmmm"? Hint: You don't have to look far.

I am definitely not an M engineer but my Dyno processes information comes from someone in a position quite a bit beyond "engineer" these days. As stated before, I know this is a no win discussion with most people on the boards. Believe what suits you and disregard the rest but don't discredit information useful to others because you have randomly dismissed its validity. Some people really do know things and are willing to share for the good of others, which I believe is really the spirit of the boards

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0