View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #29
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Two words: "parts bin". While there are obviously many "M" specific parts in the F10 M5, many of the more pedestrian parts (like the rear seat back) are used in common across the platform. I don't know of the base F10 has the ski bag as standard or an option. If standard, it would cost more to build the M5 without it. If an option, it probably doesn't increase the build price significantly for BMW anyway. And I am willing to bet that, if they did not include it, we would have had a thread asking why it isn't there and why BMW would offer this in the other F10s and not on the 'flagship" M5. It seems we M5 owners are a fickle bunch: we complain when we are denied something and question when we are given something.

As an aside, I did occasionally use the ski bag in my E60. Once for bringing my new skis up to my house in VT over the summer and a few times for other odd sized things that would not fit in the trunk and I dod not want to put in the back seat.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0