View Single Post
      08-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
I'll be extremely unhappy if I have a problem with the rear springs. They had the time to fix it obviously since it has been sitting here at the port 3 weeks. There was no need for them to rush it. Being my first BMW, I hope its not common for them to sweep problems under the rug and hope no one notices or complains. I feel uneasy knowing I may have to bring it in for a fix and have local mechanics take it apart to repair it. You would think they would have discovered this problem in their R&D.
The question is when they'll start using the new coil springs. It was reported that they'll start replacing the old ones for new ones in December 2012. Nobody seems to know when they'll start using the new springs in newly produced cars.

People have also reported engine management software problems which require software patches. Again, nobody knows when the fixes will be included in newly produced cars.

I can't wait to read some reports from new owners of 2013 cars - please drive on rough roads and speed bumps and let us know if the rear suspension makes clunking noises!
Appreciate 0