View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
jbart
Rep
Drives: 2013 FG M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
That is a beautiful looking M5. I hear frozen colors are very difficult to clean, is this true? How do you clean frozen colors?
Not totally sure yet. Here is what I know so far. We put 1400 miles on the car in about 6 days. I didn't wash the car until the end of the trip just before drop off in Munich. The car was very dirty and had 1400 miles worth of freeway bugs across the front end. I was very perplexed about the best way to get the vehicle cleaned before drop off. I tried but could not find anywhere to wash it myself so, reluctantly, I took it to "Mr. Wash" (automatic carwash).
I spoke with an employee before going through the wash and he insisted the paint would be fine and they didnt use any wax. Lucky for me, the employee was correct. The car came out great. bugs were 98% gone and the car was very clean, I was surprised.
I dont think cleaning it will be difficult at all. Waxing it will obviously require special "made for Matte" wax. One big advantage I can see already is hardly any swirls or watermarks show up. Even when it rains or if you use the window washer residue is definitely more difficult to see. My initial impression with the paint is very positive. I don't believe it will require any more maintenance than a traditional paint job.
Appreciate 0