View Single Post
      06-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #27
URG8RB8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT, 2015 AMG C63S

Recently made the decision to move to a F10 M5 Competition Pack (DCT). It was supposed to replace my E90 M3, but instead, I kept the M3 and added the M5. I just couldn't let the M3 go. It may very well be mainly because it is 6MT, and it's a more engaging drive, but I feel like there are other contributing factors.

The two are very different cars. The M3 is nimble, noisy, and makes you work for proper power delivery. The M5 is a bigger car, and it feels like it. But it ramps up the luxury by a considerable measure. And the power is otherworldly. It is a fantastic balance of speed and luxury. It is much less visceral than the E90, but as a DD it is a pleasure.

I test drove an F80 M3 prior to my decision to get the M5. It was a great car, but (for the money) it didn't feel like enough of a departure from my E90, which it would have replaced. And I couldn't get over how badly it sounded. The M5 is muted, due to the turbos, but it really sounds great. If the size of the car doesn't deter you, I think that you will be happy with the upgrade to the M5. But you may have those moments of missing your M3...

[In reference to Singapore Grey, that's the color I bought. It is a truly classy color. Sometimes a hint of green, sometimes a hint of blue (goes well with the blue calipers), yet always a beautiful metallic grey. It's the most common compliment I receive of the car.]
Appreciate 0