06-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #29
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Hmmm good key points, but after having two identical E92 M3's, I doubt I'll be missing the M3 anytime soon... Rather I catch myself missing my stage 3 Subaru STi, which was an absolute blast to drive, but of course does not even compare to the M3 in any way although in two different classes. Thanks for the input though, I guess after some real seat time in the M5 will be convincing enough in my decision.
I contemplated an M5 for a long time and after spending some time in the M5, I concluded that a M4 was more my style hence why my M4 is on order. I love the M5 power delivery, but it is just too heavy and too big to drive the way I want. I had an E70 x5M for a couple of years (not the same I know) and after the initial excitement wore off, I got tired of it. It was too big, too luxurious and I only drove it when I took long trips (more than an hour). Every other time I picked my E92 M3 over the x5M. I wanted to want the M5, but the M4 just fits better for my driving preference. Given that you are ruminating over your departed STI tells me that the M5 might not be the way to go. The M5 is the car to get when you want luxury first and fun second. Is that you?
Appreciate 0