View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Drivetrain Malfunction .... AGAIN.

Third time this is happening. Car has been to the dealer twice because of this, first time, cleared codes (misfiring cylinder), attempted to replicate issue - no luck. Second time, misfiring cylinder again, cleared codes replaced two coil packs, gave me the car back. This month the car hasn't been out much due to bad weather, maybe took it out twice. Today I take the car out happens again. I am considering pursuing the lemon law. I spoke with BMW customer care, they advised me to bring the car back to service and they they will be in contact with both the dealer and myself to resolve this issue. But my issue is, the car has ~1600 miles and this is now the 3rd time. I am paying near $1500 for the car to be in the shop every 2 weeks? This is absurd.

Side story.
As I was dropping my M5 off just a little while ago, I joke with the guy doing the loaner car paper work by saying "Are you guys going to give me a nice car, or what?" His response back, "I was told to give you a 328" - now, nothing against the 328, the new f30s are fantastic cars but this individual was SPECIFICALLY told to give me a 328 by his service manager..? I continued to ask him why is this and he told me "because you didn't purchase the M5 from us" At this point I wanted to get back in my M5 and leave but I calmed down asked if this said service manager was in and he was not. I asked if he would be there tomorrow and was told probably for 10 minutes or so. The guy saw I was a bit bothered by all of this and told me he would give me another loaner to not worry about it. And he did end up giving me another loaner. This does annoy me quite a bit, not only has this dealer NOT been able to fix my vehicle properly but now they are purposely giving me their weakest loaner? Like i said previously I have nothing against the 328 and last time I took my M5 for this issue I had also gotten a 328 but the fact this guy took the time out of his day to make sure I got a 328 when they had numerous other loaners available is a bit degrading in my opinion.

I congratulate the people who have read all of this. This was my rant. Helped me blow a little bit of steam. Now, if you guys could give me some input it would be greatly appreciated. Both on the M5 and how i should go about the situation, and what i should do regarding this lovely service manager who requested an owner of an M5 should get a 328 "because he did not purchase the car from us".

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0