View Single Post
      11-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #43
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lual
I just got my first 2000 km. To celebrate it, I went to a nice road in the Black forest.
I was shocked that when pushing the foot hard in the middle of the turn, and with all nannys on, the response of the throttle was none. Simply not existing at all until I left the turn. I would have gone far much faster with an X5 and all nannies on aswell.

Really dissapointing.

I am not an expert driver, so until I get some specific trainning, I don t want to do crazy things but, is MDM really a "dangerous" solution?
You were driving with DSC On, right?
The response was none because DSC did it's job. Your throttle input was too aggressive, and would of sent you sideways and out of control. If you looked at the dash at that time you would of seen the DSC light flashing.

What happened was when you told the car to give 50%+ throttle to the wheels while your steering angle was at xx degrees, the car processes that info almost instantaneously, and knew to cut power until steering angle returned to xx degrees.

While in the apex of a turn, the amount of throttle input to get the car sideways is probably about a quarter to less than half of pedal travel if in the correct gear.