View Single Post
      12-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #30
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

First of all, my condolences. I have had similar front in damage on my M3, and I've posted about it on these forums in the past. Here is the link for reference: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924172

In my case, the total damage was about $14k, this did not include another $2700 reimbursed for the clear bra. The bad news is that it's not enough to total the car, and you will suffer diminished value because of this accident, the good news is that it's repairable, and there doesn't seem to be any frame damage. The aluminum hood is unrepairable, it will need to be replaced, along with the fenders, bumpers, headlights, and any unseen damage. They will need to respray all the replaced parts, including blending other parts of the car, like the doors and rocker panels. Most likely you will be suspension damage, and need to replace parts. I highly recommend getting the car aligned a 2nd time by a reputable BMW dealership when everything is done to confirm the suspension is within spec.

Other things I've learned through my own process is check the panel gaps, make sure they look right, have the body shop use a gap measuring tool to validate everything in spec. Also check that the automatic headlamps gets properly recoded so that it swivels left and right.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0