12-27-2014, 02:09 AM   #37
rampage76
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5, 2015 428i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netwon View Post
If you view my previous post on page 1 I listed the major parts in USD prices. I did not include the bolts and small gaskets so figure on adding 15-20% on the total.

Your LED headlamp is part # 63117352486 Google it they are not $3250 they are between $1300 and $1600. I quote new primed OEM panels from BMW that does not include removing the old panel, installing the new panel and finishing and blending into existing paint.

I was rear-ended in the summer. Rear bumper, x2 mufflers, 1 backup sensor and trunk lid (not fenders, tail lamps). $26k CAD so figure $20K USD finished with labour. 3 stage paint isn't a quick fix if done properly.

Hope this helps.
I took a picture of your post with me to the body shop. Trust me, I didn't miss it. I also got a quote from a well respected body shop in SD including parts and labor. It is expensive... can't help it. But they are going to fix it with all replaced OEM parts, no cutting costs. I want my car to be perfect again, so I'm willing to pay the price.

There is no question of doing the right thing or the wrong thing. I have already done the right thing and navigated through this crappy situation and all I will lose is a lot of money. Money isn't important. I earn and save and now it's all 1's and 0's... I'm not paycheck to paycheck or I wouldn't be driving a new M5. I've already got the car being estimated in Playas de Tijuana by Qualitas and then I've arranged the tow truck to take me over the border, I've got AAA to tow my car to the body shop, and I've already selected a very highly rated body shop that will do top quality work. If someone was hurt, this would be a different situation and some of these comments might make sense.. but I really think some of the responders didn't take the time to read the thread.
Appreciate 0