07-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #28
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
You're the one fooling yourself to be honest. Boring interior? Nothing in the BMW lineup below the 5 series has an interior that's even remotely interesting or 'high quality'. Subpar design? Are you seriously comparing a CUV that looks like an F-Type to something that's based on an X1? If anything, you need new glasses and lay off the kool aid while you're at it.

I agree the idrive infotainment system is hard to beat but that won't be enough to save this afterthought from getting clobbered by the E-Pace, Evoque and GLA. I'm one of the people that actually likes the X6 but even I can't digest this X2.
BMW interiors do tend to polarise people, some say they are looking out of date whereas I actually love their design (if quality of late could do with a leg up) I recently was faced with a choice... new Jag XE or new (6 year old design, soon to be replaced) F30... went for F30. Why? Because I picked up a new 340i with options for £31k (£9k below list) where an XE-S would have cost at least £44k after discounts! Most reviews say even the F type interior is cheap so I figured their cheaper cars are certainly not going to be any better. I'm loving the 340 in terms of its drive, I really like the interior design which is functional and sporting without unnecessary gimmicks, something Jag seem to use to lure buyers in (how many buyers still gasp when that gear selector rises up out of the console on start up after they've owned the car for two weeks??) Audi's pop up screens are the same, totally unnecessary and just another moving part to fail at some point down the line! Just my opinion but BMW interior design for me is spot on and the day when the 3 loses it's analogue dials for digital will be a sad one!

It really all just is a matter of opinion, some may say the e-pace interior shown above looks a little Peugeot!! And you can't see the quality from a picture! I do think the exterior looks pretty tho, I still think we need to reserve judgement on X2 until we actually see an M trimmed production car because we can be darn sure BMW will have worked hard on this one, as this sector is fast becoming the biggest in car sales!!

Last edited by nozydog; 07-14-2017 at 03:21 AM..
Appreciate 0