07-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #36
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Don't fool yourself, the Jag will cost more than the X2, and the multimedia of the Jag is horrendous next to the idrive solution.
I loved the i-pace, this however is just weak, specially the boring interiour, it's subpar in quality and design.
Interestingly, e-pace seems to be priced to compete with X1 prices... starting at £28,500 here in the UK, exactly the price of the 18d FWD X1. X2 is expected to start at around £30k.... about right as it is the premium/sporty version...

So it seems you can have a sporty e-pace for the price of a boggo X1 which sounds very tempting! Jag have clearly aimed the e-pace squarely at X1, while giving it more appeal and knowing it will come in well under the X2 price point... a very clever move indeed!

You could be right about the interior tho.... I've just seen a real close up image on the Jaguar website and the plastics look iffy to say the least! JLR seem to use these kind of leather look vinyls on their dash tops (some people think it actually is leather, probably what JLR intends) which i don't think give the quality feel of the German's heavier quality slush moulded dash tops!

When I test drove some evoques I didn't feel that the vinyls used would look good for long! But I may be wrong...

Last edited by nozydog; 07-15-2017 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0