04-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
This.

Ok this was a bad example because he is still technically depending on public services like the library and eating other people's food. I stand by what I said. It's just my opinion that materialism and debt are cancers in this world. Sure I understand supply/demand etc. but there are fundamental flaws and injustices in our society that will keep people struggling with debt and poverty.

I do agree that people becoming too materialistic has cause most of our problems. The problem is not the money, if people actually had money not credit we would be fine. But Everyone today wants what everyone else has and they are willing to spend money they do not have and will not have for years to come to get it.

I personally have been cutting back, yes I earn a good wage, but I am choosing not to spend it all and then some. Today I only have a house loan and I only have that because it allows me to pay less taxes to the government. Beyond this I pay cash for what I have and only buy what I really need.

But most people are weak and could not survive if they did what this guy is doing or others who actually fend for themselves.
Appreciate 0