View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #99
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Actually having had the GTM on my car for a couple of weeks now, I can definitely say that compared to even the RPi GT exhaust on the E60 M5 that the GTM on the F10 M5 is TOO quiet for me! Yes you all heard that right! Lol! The drone is a little louder with the GTM but it's not crazy like the E60 was. I personally love the drone, it gives the car more personality and race car feeling. My dad visited me last weekend and I had him in my passenger seat over 3 days of driving around SoCal. He is getting on in age, almost 55 years old now, and said that the exhaust was too loud for him on the outside, but not that bad on the inside, especially if I stayed out of the drone range. When you are out of the drone range it's actually quite quiet. With the Bang & Olufsen turned up to dancing in your car volume, you can't hear the GTM at all.

Oh yeah and the only IND stuff I have on my car is the blacked out front reflectors in the bumper. I got the matte black grills from other sources. I plasti-dipped my door handle chrome (which has worked out ok so far, I didn't put enough coats on my first attempt, only 2, and it started peeling off after my car wash guys kept rubbing rags over it. So I applied 4 coats on one handle, and it appears to be holding up much better.) But yeah thanks for the compliments. A part of me still wishes that I had gotten the MCB but everybody keeps telling me how good my car looks. Oh and yes, if you have the opportunity to live in San Diego, it's awesome! It's supposed to be like 75 degrees here this weekend. It's still early March! Plus I love the fact that there are no bugs here in SoCal to committ suicide on your front bumper. If you ever are in town, let me know. The SoCal crew would love to have you over.
Yep. Your pics got me very interested! It was already on my mind. We are going to make some trips to different parts of the country and SoCal will be one of them. I am very jealous of those awesome meets you guys have out there! Would LOVE that!
Appreciate 0