View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #80
J Lau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, E82 ,E89, G30

whao...nice comparison, and Congrats on your M5!!!!!
I know the M5 is a much better car to drive, in fact, its a completely different creature compare to the regular 5. But I still think the 550i Msport is good looking and it is more than enough to satisfy my needs if i were to get a 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Jelly M3 View Post
I don't think these two cars look similar.

E39 M5 and E39 540i M sport are more identical to each other IMO.

Not to mention E60 M5 vs E60 550i M
i agree! The E39 540i pretty much replicated 95% of the M5 bumper (beside the line in the lower vent/grille on the F. bumper), and i dont think back then BMW tried as hard to push there "M" aero kits. If I am not wrong, both E39 and E60 M5s were launched before the M/performance/sport body kits were options for the car. which isnt the same for F10.

The E39 M5 is still very impressive from what i remembered, and it was such a large improvement coming from the previous gen, E34.

Maybe because I came from e46fanatics. IMO, the ZHP really made an impact to BMW NA. ever since the E46 ZHP was launched, BMW started the BMW Performance product line, the 335is, as well as the M-Sport Packege as an option which includes the upgraded aero kit rather than selling as after-sale parts. I think the the M-Sport package strategy has proven to BMW that it is sustainable to stand on its own, and this is where the "M" and "M-Sport" divided in terms of the exterior.

Last edited by J Lau; 08-28-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0