kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moko View Post
what happen to the side skirts, look stock to me.
I think BMW M team screw up on this M5. Seem like they are not sure where to draw the lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk_pilot2000 View Post
Is it just me or is this just a 550 with tweaked exaust and an added grill to the sides? Seriously though, to me this looks like a base 550 M sport with after market mods (looks rather cheese IMHO). So what does sets this apart from the 550 other than the added performance which can not be tapped in the states?
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418 View Post
Gotta be honest, it looks so boring.. E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
I also don't see much of a difference between this and the 550 msport.

I like the rear end, but the front just kills the whole car. I think the 550 msport front looks better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlack View Post
That's one ugly M5, but who knows until you see it in person
Quote:
Originally Posted by T89 View Post
Very disappointed. Could've been much better. Looks too much like an m-sport. F10 M5 began development under Dr. Segler's predecessor, so doesn't have the Air curtain stylings he brought to the 1M. I'm sure we'll see it on the M6.

I completely agree with most everything here.

I'm not crazy about it. Should be much more agressive. I'm sure the engine wil be a beast, torque will be there, mechanically it will be an amazingly sound car with a ton of power. Without a doubt.

But it's going to be a fat monster of a car any which way we look at it. Probably pushing 4,500+ pounds.

The front air dam is very M3-esque. The rear doesn't look that great, I think the 550i M-Sport has a nicer rear with the rectangular blacked out tips and the rear M-Sport bumper.

The side skirts are boring, the hood is boring, the side vent is a bigger version of ours, the mirrors suck, the rear diffusor doesn't look good at all, car is very unemotional.

I'm not sure how much the production M5 will change from this concept but I'm just not crazy about it, I don't even like it.

The E39, E60, and E90/E92 cars all look much nicer than this Concept M5.

Hoping they make some changes.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0