View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhddd
Hi guys, just got my M5 yesterday, saw a lease deal online for a frozen black m5, and i just decided to go in and take it

It's a frozen black with champagne merino leather
Driver assist
Executive package
20M wheel
B&O sound

Very exited to own this car, so far the most awesome driving experience I ever had

A quick question though, I find that when you want to park the car, you can't just step on the brake and let it slide into the parking spot, but you got to give it a little gas for the car to move. It's kinda annoying because ive always driven automatic before and I am not very used to it

Anyone got any tip for parking?
I have AMG's and M's in my garages. If your used to driving automatics which have a "roll" of around 4-5mph when off the brake, then going to the M5 (which acts like a manual car) is a bit different.

However, I hate the "roll" of cars.. especially when in traffic. You will have to adjust, but it won't take long. Once you do adjust, you will most likely find that you prefer the M transmission.

This is the main benefit:
When you are at a red light (especially a long red light) or in standing traffic, you can put very light pressure to keep the car stopped. In some scenarios, you can stay off the brake as long as the car isn't on a hill.

When you are parking, just realize that you don't need to modulate the brake to park. Instead, you modulate the gas pedal to park.

Really, it's simple. Just remember that the car has no "5mph roll" like automatics do. Feather the gas pedal instead of the brake to park.