Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Cancelled M5 order to get new M3, hope I won't regret it.
I've done so much homework on the M5 and REALLY love the car. I can see it as a classic, gorgeous lines and superb performance. Difficult and bittersweet decision. I know they are vastly different cars. I also know that the M5 is a better fit for my lifestyle. I also think that the M5 looks better than the new M3.
However, I want a manual transmission and it just felt a little awkward to me in the M5.
I also feel that BMW needs to make the M5 a little bit lighter and improve steering feel. I know that an M5 is in my future just not right away.
So for now I'm gambling on a new M3. I'm betting that they sorted out the all electric steering! And, if not, I will flip it for an 2015 M5!!!
congrats man!
but i think it is not wise to get first year production car, until all issues are sorted...
just from my experience with m5
Agreed. However, if you definitely want the manual transmission then the M3/4 is the way to go.

Having just moved from an E90 M3 to the M5 I am thrilled with the switch. So much more comfortable when I want it to be and a total beast when I need it to be.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0