04-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #142
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
I don't get how so many people get invoice pricing - if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place. Are we talking people with real "hook-ups" or have purchased multiple vehicles in a short amount of time?

Why would any BMW dealer consider selling any M5 anywhere near invoice at any point this year considering how high the demand will be? Correct me if Im wrong but you are saying we should aim to get our our M5s around $78,300 plus taxes for ED? That would only be like $10k more than I paid for my C63
I am getting an ED Invoice + deal and I talked to my dealer today because a few on this forum have already sent me personal emails asking for his info. My dealer said he can't offer that deal to someone today, but he would work with them to get a good deal, but they obviously will not be at the top of the list on deliveries.

I think you said it yourself on the main reason, but you say "if i were to walk into a dealer now and say Ill pay you invoice + $500 they'd laugh me out of the place" the key part is "now"! I talked to my dealer somewhere around 18 months ago. For dealers to lock in a buyer for a $100k+ car close to 2 years before they will actually be behind the wheel, they should be willing to work with you to lock in the deal (and deposit)! I do agree with you that if you talk to a dealer today, they have no reason to even talk to you because they should have enough demand to already cover all of their allocations for the rest of this year. This is why some of us placed deposits at multiple dealers to see who can really come through now.
Appreciate 0