Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karney5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Gentlemen:
Considering picking up a 2012 Range Rover Autobiography. Last year of the old body style. It is amazing how expensive these things are even after four years. Still trading for roughly 60 percent of original MSRP.
Anyone have an '11 or '12 full size? Have you enjoyed it? Any problems? I think this vehicle is a very nice compliment to any sports oriented car, particularly for those residing in cold climates.

I had a 2011 and sold it a couple of years ago, been missing it ever since. Right after I sold it I planned to buy a used 2012 around 2016/17 timeframe.
Enjoyed my '11 Supercharged (all black) for two years, never a single problem. Solid like a vault, ride smooth as velvet. Felt very comfortable carting toddlers around, no safety tests that I've seen but I have to believe that they are very safe. Dream to own an Autobiography with all that glorious leather. Been looking for a '12 for almost a year and think that I finally found the one. (Would love to share pictures but unable to post them anymore via app or website.)

I'm actually trading in my M5 here within the next week + $35,000 for a Supercharged 2014 RR with 17k miles! It would have been a straight swap for a 2012 but, I like the new look and it comes with the extended warranty, although I never keep my cars more than a year so not like it matters!

Have you looked into any mods for your RR?
Nice. Good luck with your new RR. I was close to picking up a '16 TDI after waiting for LR to bring Diesel engine to US for the last six years. I had such a great experience with my '11 SC and still prefer the looks of the old one that I decided to go for the low mileage '12 and wait for my diesel a couple more years (hopefully larger diesel by then).

As far as mods go I will probably just get the deployable side steps for now. LR made some sick wheels for the L322and I've always been obsessed with Style 14s so I will probably swap the wheels at some point. Still don't know how I feel about the ones coming with my Autobiography.
Also, probably put on a roof rack but haven't really thought much more about mods, just still waiting for delivery from Houston dealer should arrive within the next week. (Tried posting pictures of the wheels I was referring to but the wrong pictures posted, arghh!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0