View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

MDM Really let me go sideways! No like :-)

For the first time in a very long time I came extremely close to destroying my BMW (this time my F10 M5). Driving in D3 MDM, steering "comfort", suspension "sport", throttle "sport+", I made a left turn from a red light and man did she go sideways on me. I found myself in a left hand slide, scarily staring straight at the cement center median while the rear tires were burning. I corrected her back to the right where she went into a full right hand slide (now pointing at the right side curb) and then straightened her out and resumed hauling butt down the road. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to see how well I was able to reel her in and how responsive she was to my steering and throttle corrections but I was very surprised that MDM allowed this much slip.

I had just had my springs and 21" HREs installed the day before and I had been enjoying the lower center of gravity and the increased grip form the rear 315 SS tires sand I definitely did not feel like I was pushing the car any more than usual. Mine does have a tune, DP and custom exhaust, and it does put down a lot of power and has issues with wheel spin, but again, I assumed MD would provide a bit better control in this situation. Thoughts? Experience was definitely one of those "exhilarating but sh*t in your pants" things. Glad that she is home safely in the garage which I am currently having remodeled for her increased comfort.
Appreciate 0