08-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #41
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Dad View Post
It's great to hear personal experiences from some who cares about the driving experience. Thx for posting!
Thanks, really enjoyed it and hope to put together a few more in the future. Back from a golf event today, I was blasting down the highway today weaving in and out of traffic blipping, shifting, and completely in the zone of driving. The euphoric feeling I get is hard to drive - its such a joy to get the car to react the way it does and when blips and the shifts are matched so perfectly its ba$$.

I know you mean about a few cars to get all the experiences - I will definitely be needing 2 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Great review, thx for sharing.

As far as the turbo lag and choice of transmission, I do recall a video of Chris Harris testing the F10 M5 (DCT) where he felt the manual may be the better choice when it comes to lessening the feel/effect of turbo lag (his rationale IIRC was the tranny was too quick for the engine which only exacerbated the feel of the lag). I'll have to dig through YouTube and find that video.
Could be argued all day on the better tranny for the car. I just found that because I like to control the throttle so much on the engine blips you could detect delayed engine breaking and I don't know if that was strictly from the turbo or something else like was mentioned earlier.