02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #40
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
My car already doesn't have quite a lot of things which BMW released only a few months after the first release one good example is the lack of Active Security Package (seat belts tightening before collision), iDrive update, Tire Pressure Monitor system (US version is more advanced) and many other comfort and individualization options which weren't available at start.

I actually found E60's active side bolsters to be distracting and never used E63 or F10's. I can't understand how people feel bothered by not having it. For 1 month after US delivery everyone was quiet, but as soon as someone asked about it - the topic filled with so many pages. I think the topic about missing side bolsters is actually the most replied one too

IMO better use your power to complain about clunk sound, weight, steering, lack of AWD those changes will make a bigger impact in improving this car in future, instead of adding 2 buttons and a pump inside a seat
I think that some confuse the active side bolsters with adjustable side bolsters. I did not have the active bolster on my E60, but drove a car with them at m-school...turned it off right away. However, the adjustable bolsters, are a almost a necessity.

I am a fairly thin guy too and liked to be locked into my seat at the torso. IMO not having the ability to adjust the bolsters is a huge setback in proper seating position especially when driving aggressively.

Would I have bought the car if it was advertised with 18-way seats vs. 20? Yes. Am I a little bitter about advertising for 20-way seats and receiving 18-way? You bet...100% on functionality. But since there is little we can do, life must go on!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0