View Single Post
      04-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

LED Reverse Lights Instead of Halogen

Thought I'd post this here even though I have M6, and likely a different bulb.

But, since I've had my car it's been painful looking at someone back up in it with those yellow-ish halogen bulbs that come out (obviously) when in reverse.

I ordered 2 LED lights from eBay after looking at another thread for 5 series, but my service adviser said that the lights I had given him don't even remotely fit the housing of where the halogen bulbs were. They ran me about $30 dollars, so not too much of a loss.

So if those ones work specifically for the M5, then I guess it's different for the M6. If anyone wants my lights, which I'll post the exact type soon, then let me know...that is, if they will even fit any 5 or M for that matter.

Coding is also necessary I believe, which I know how to do. But I hear getting into the module for the tail lights is impossible?? As in even getting the daytime running taillights isn't an option? How could that be? Or am I totally misinformed. For the M5 I coded them out instantly. M6 it's a different story. Should probably post this there, but that section/forum is DEAD.

Thanks for the help guys!
Appreciate 0