stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
one more update.. finally got the bulbs in.. unfortunately the quality isn't great.. i.e. bought total three pairs (for my self and friends) and one bulb didnt work out of the box when tested with 12v. In addition; you have to shave the terminals of the bulb itself to make them fit.. if done incorrectly you will destroy the BAX9s base and bulb will fall out.. i destroyed one pair in the process.. light output on the other hand is very good.

I did get light out message as when i installed the first pair one of the bulbs was bad, so when i replaced it with a new pair message went away but exclamation mark remains on dash indicating that alert had been saved.. will have to get this cleared likely at dealer..

I'll be trying different brands reverse lights to see which work better so once I find something decent I'll recommend it to all.

Meanwhile see some more pics of the install.. TIP: Pliers work best when removing the black grommets holding the trunk lid backing.. unscrew the plastic pin and pull straight down with pliers..
Awesome work. I will wait till you find one which is good quality and plug and play. Don't want to shave the base. Thanks for pushing on this. I also hate the halogen reverse bulbs.
Appreciate 0