First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Thanks for sharing. But without a before, claiming 30HP gain from intakes is just not fair to others shopping for intakes. That's a random guess.

I recall the Gruppe M CSL carbon intake for the E46 M3 losing power on the dyno, so the jury is out on them.
I never stated a 30WHP gain from "intakes". Hopefully anyone shopping for an intake system would read this post and title in its entirety.

I stated that theoretically, the full catback RPI GTS Exhaust system coupled with the Gruppe M intake could produce approximately 30WHP (and showed the reasoning behind that assumption). I also clearly stated that without before dyno's that this was just speculation.

Furthermore, reading information about the E46 M3 intake has absolutely nothing to do with this car or intake design and is irrelevant.

Studie Japan (a thrid party) did an actual before and after run and showed results of an increase to the wheel. Granted, they were working with Gruppe M, so it could be bias. However, IND did before and after dyno runs with the M5 Gruppe M intake and showed actual wheel horespower increase as well. So someone shopping for an intake would look at that data before purchasing.

Someone wanting to know what their Gruppe M intake and RPI Exhaust M5 would put down on a Maha dyno would look at this thread.

Hope that clarifies things.

Last edited by ImpetuousRacer; 02-11-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0