bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Correct. Visit here for info. Can be obtained here in the US.

You see, all of these tuners post these "results" and people talk and talk about them yet no one actually has any of them in the US. Yet to see anyone actually have one on their personal car and much less driven it for any length of time. The only legitimate tunes on any of these cars (both Euro and US) come from the same source. Some of them are getting higher gains than others not because it is a different tune, but because there are mods to the turbos and waste gates. None of this is recommended for daily use as the DCT trans does not handle the torque beyond the 700 lb ft range.

I do run this tune on my car along with downpipes and exhaust (Step 3). I have driven it for more approx. 1,700 miles with the tune and approx. 300 with the entire setup. The car performs beautifully. Zero adverse effects. Prob. is only wheel spin which I hope to reduce this afternoon with the installation of HRE S101 in 21X11 in the rear runnig Michelin SS 315.
Coldlist - I just spoke to your friend Ron and yes, he did clarify what I was beginning to suspect. You are on the money is all that I am going to say. I recently spoke to some of the other "tuners" and I have yet to get a straight answer (which is a pretty good "tell").

Ron did say that he would be willing to fly out to do his tuning so I will be trying to organize a "group" tune in Central Texas on this forum. The pricing is reasonable and he did say that he would need a minimum of 3 cars to tune to make it worth his time. Needless to say, I am looking forward to it. I would be open to arranging this group tune for the Phoenix/Scottsdale area M5 owners in case anyone is interested.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0