View Single Post
      03-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
how much weight have you lost in six months?
I just weighed myself and I'm at 210 now. Still really heavy, especially for being 5'10"--although I don't consider myself "fat" when I look in the mirror. I have a slight gut, that's about it.

~Six months ago I weighed 245, so I lost 35 pounds. My diet has changed in that I now eat the minimum 2 cups of fruit and 3 cups of vegetables according to the government website every day in the morning. However, after that, I still eat whatever the hell I want and as much as I want. The weight loss was weird...I seem to lose weight in amounts of 5lbs; not gradually.

Also keep in mind, the heavier/more overweight you are the easier it is to initially lose weight. Naturally overweight people have higher metabolism as the body struggles to maintain it.

Beyond Your Question/Just Cause I like to Share:

However, I just got tired of being out of breath all the time. I started out aiming for 28 minutes of cardio and 400 calories. After 2 weeks of that I just kept adding on from there.

If I were really aiming for weight loss I'd probably fix the diet first, then add some weights. I used to lift a lot, and now doing pure cardio has converted almost all my former muscle into fat.

Definitely still have tons more fat to trim off, but I've still been doing my cardio consistently and haven't noticed any physically changes for a month or so now. It's probably time to change it up for better results, but I'm too addicted to how long I can use the machine to give it up.

As for physical improvement, my bum has shrunk and tightened dramatically for obvious reasons, legs got more toned, forearms more toned, and significant reduction in pubic fat.

No improvements to biceps/triceps--in fact I'd say it has gotten worse due to the muscle loss. The gut is taking a while, but for the long term, I'd say the cardio is beneficial, just very slow progress and not immediately noticeable.

Another thing I noticed is that my sweat has no odor anymore. Just smells like water. A decade ago, when I sweat...I'd see white residue on my shirt when it dried. Talk about excess sodium!!
Appreciate 0