View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
There is absolutely no causal connection in your logic. Use your brain for a change.

Brunswick operations are not weather impacted. Germany is not weather impacted. The oil pump supplier in Europe is also not weather impacted. An oil pump is a small enough part that it can be airmailed.
There absolutely is a connection in the current delay of your car being delivered. Everything is managed out of Woodcliff Lake by BMW NA. They were out of power for a while and many of their employees are dealing with personal hardships so they may be short-handed on staff. That will slow the process of sourcing and managing the distribution of oil pumps to the VPCs. The VPCs have zero control over this, they just wait for them to show up. They cannot even decide which car to install them on - BMW NA has to assign a VIN to each replacement part set.

For the VPCs, since Newark was shut down BMW NA is diverting cars to the other east coast VPCs. Members of the board can attest to that. I saw that a member from NY had his car diverted to Baltimore. There is a ripple effect across all of the east coast VPCs which will slow the processing of new in-bound cars given the larger scale of the Newark VPC and the smaller scale of Baltimore and Brunswick. Plus, that already strained staff at BMW NA has to manage this whole relocation while at the same time continuing to manage the replacement pump process.

I am using my brain, and thankfully my heart is working as well. You're the one who needs to use a little more of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Yes. You are a well known door mat. Glad BMW and Porsche are exploiting that.
BTW, very classy response.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0