stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
the amount of holier than thou phony outrage in this thread makes me laugh.

"Let me quote the law" so I can show my intolerance over some who doesn't signal in a way my anonymous internet identity deems appropriate... as if every sanctimonious person on this forum has never broken a traffic law... yet also has a passion for high end german sportscars.

Driving laws are made for the lowest common denominator to maximize safety. Should you follow them? Yes to the max extent possible. However, there are still plenty of morons on the road that have created the situation we have in the states that will never allow an autobahn... speed limits aside, the mere concept of slow traffic staying to the right eludes most Americans.

So for signaling, my opinion is that common sense is key. If you are going to affect the current vector and velocity of one of your fellow drivers on the road-- signal. If you are far enough away, or passing and accelerating, its not really necessary.
Hear hear! Well written.

Quoting the highway code on this thread is in essence an act of bigotry. We all know speeding is also against the highway code in most states, and yet I doubt there is a single M5 owner who drives within the speed limit 100% of the time. So what gives anyone the right to throw the rule book at someone else on this while the rule book thrower himself breaks the highway code by speeding?
Appreciate 0