Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
My M5 is en route to the states right now back from an ED. The shipping has been delayed about 4 days because of the Hurricane. It's now supposed to get to Brunswick on 11/9. When I ordered this car I told my CA that I wanted to do both an ED and a PCD. I just found out that basically my CA forgot to schedule my PCD. So he put the request for a PCD yesterday. BMWNA responded today telling him that it would take 5-7 business days to process the request and that they would not be able to schedule it until after the car is processed by the VPC.

What I read on another post regarding PCD was that the customer is put on a wait list which is prioritized by when the request for PCD was sent in. Since he just sent it in yesterday, I'm trying to get a feel as to when (roughly) I would actually take delivery at the PC. I was hoping to do the PCD prior to Thanksgiving. Have any of you done the PCD before? Do you believe its worth the added time for re-delivery?
11/9 Brunswick, hmmm are you on the Courage? My Azurite Black F10 M5 on that shp sheduled for Brunswick 11/9 (a slide from 11/7 pre-Sandy). I did ED and planned/requested to do PCD as well. I selected PCD sometime back so I have no idea if you are penalized with schedule as you were told. However after looking here along with some other forums, I was seeing that the PCD could be backed up as much as 3 weeks! Thus my car would be sitting waiting on a que that long. This would have put it right on the 10 week mark as promised by BMW but if I can get it in 6 - 7 weeks by skipping PCD, why not?! Thus I abandoned the PCD option. I have been to the Performance Center several times for Performance and M Schools which are highly, highlyl advisable. It appears to me that the PCD would be a repeat of the excellent delivery experience at The Welt along with a "mini-Performance school." Reading through some blogs I noticed that mini-school is really only braking, slalmon and maybe some skid pad time but it sounded severely scaled back vs. the schools. My plan now is to take delivery of my car hopefully before Thanksiving and then look for a time to do another M School in their M Cars (along with the F10 M5) in the Spring! Something for your consideration!
Appreciate 0