bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Honestly? Have you spent any time in a Japanese car? I love my M5 and am a huge fan and supporter of BMW - and I think the Nav is just fine. but there is no comparison between the Navs being used by the German automakers and those of the Japanese. The Japanese are far ahead of the Germans on all levels here. Of course, the Germans do so much other things better and I don't buy a car for the Nav.
I'm curious which cars you're referring to. I've used the system in new Infinity and Lexus cars, and I definitely prefer BMW's iDrive.

You can't even enter a destination in the Lexus unless you're in park. I hate the mouse pointer thing that Lexus does. No wonder they don't want you using it while you're driving. The aesthetics on the Lexus system are horrible too. Some people don't care about that kind of thing, but I don't want my infotainment system to look like a 1990's government website.

Infiniti's system is a little bit better, because it doesn't use that stupid mouse cursor interface, but it's still horrific looking. I cannot tolerate an interface that looks like a designer applied every bevel and shadow "effect" they could find, while paying no attention to color palette. Infiniti gives you some dedicated buttons for common functions, which is cool, but I prefer the assignable system in BMW's cars.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0