View Single Post
      02-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #181
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
nice shot.... I like your water mark too.
Thanks! And thanks! I've messed around w/ a few font based ones and this one kind of stuck. I blame the punk rock. This pic is actually my new wallpaper at home and work now. It's looks better in a larger size IMO (fewer compression artifacts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Nice shot, Jeff. Did you get caught in that nightmare on Lake Shore and decide to make use of your extra time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
nice one Jeff! What's the exposure time on it?
Thanks, guys. Naw, Mark, I wasn't part of that fiasco. Actually, my commute on Tuesday night wasn't any different than my regular morning commute. My strategy isn't typically to beat the storms that go thru, but to wait out the traffic caused by all the people leaving early to beat the storms. It usually works pretty well. I actually shot this just after xmas last year. Tim will be impressed that I used a tripod, too. It was kind of disappointing, though, because it was like a 0 F wind chill with something like 20mph winds (I think...it's been a little while) and I caught a cab just to take a winter night shot of the skyline from the Shedd......and it was frickin' foggy around the city. The pix look better in BW, trust me.

Ashu, you're going to make me look at the EXIF data?! Sheesh...

15s @ f10 & ISO100