01-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #105
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
I sent my ECUs to BR Performance at the beginning of January. Shipped them Monday, received them back Friday. Had no issues shipping them overseas. I am pretty sure AMS turnaround time would have been similar. For me, it was about getting the ECUs remapped and I am very happy with the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
No it will be awhile if ever before OBD tuning can occur . BMW put blocks in to prevent that , besides physically interacting with the ECU is the only way AMS and other companies are able to do an actual tune currently . It has to be bench flashed . As the AMS rep stated this has been standard operating procedure for Mercedes and Porsche ECU's for awhile . Yes it's inconvenient , but if you want a real tune then it's the only game in town . I would never ship an ECU overseas , but to a U.S. Company , I would . As long as they will replace the ECU if they damage it and offer a free reflash if the dealer overwrites the files then I don't have a problem with it .