stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Does anyone know if new squared off angel eyes and LED headlights can be retrofitted? If so what exactly is needed (someone with 7 Series/X5/X6 retrofit experience perhaps)?
As far as I know even basic LCI cars have a somewhat different headlight design, not only the LED package. If so can both of these be retrofitted or only non-LED squared off angel eyes/LED and squared off angel eyes.

If anyone wonders about current resale value - I asked official BMW trade-in valued my car at 40% of original value that I paid for exactly 1 year ago. Right now it's on 12,000 km (7,400 miles) on mileage. LCI isn't even out yet, I wonder what the value will be after it's out, 20% of original cost? It's already looking like a big middle finger to customers who bought a first year car.
I have 2 points on this:

1) Your car is not worth that little. Why don't you pretend to be a buyer and see if you can buy an M5 for 40% of MSRP. I say its impossible. It's only worth that little if you are stupid enough to sell it for that little. I wish people in this community maintained a little price discipline - we collectively set the market. And posts like yours are not helpful in this regard. If you want to preserve your resale value - stop whining about your car being worthless.

2) I think the new 5 series looks ugly. I'm very seriously considering ordering an M6 GranCoupe now. And if I do I will sell my M5 for 80% of MSRP - I am certain that this is what a 2013 is worth at least in the US. In Europe I would guess a little more.
Appreciate 0