First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
As with all things there are always two sides to the story and what was presented here is not entirely accurate. It appeared to us as though BMW of North Scottsdale simply wanted to go the entirely OE route and did not want to carry ANY third party parts. This was entirely their prerogative and quite a few dealerships choose to do this as it fits their management/employee culture more (BMW purists). We enjoyed our time with BMW of North Scottsdale and to this day still have a working relationship with some of the individuals within the building. They will always be accepted back into the Dinan Dealer family if they ever so choose to re-engage the program.

In regards to the warranty itself... we covered every claim that North Scottsdale laid out to us just as we do with all of our dealers. I am unsure of where that claim came from as it is simply untrue.

On an somewhat unrelated note I would encourage those of you that buy online to not carry the items into a dealership for install. Most dealers do not look favorably on this practice and see it as akin to bringing in your own steak to a restaurant for the chef to cook. Instead I would recommend presenting your dilemma to the dealer beforehand so they have the chance to earn your business and make it worth your while to order and install everything from the dealer themselves.

Thanks so much for posting the other side of the story. Hopefully this information will be beneficial for other people that go to the dealership and may hear an incorrect story.

As far as practice, the dealer did not sell the Dinan products so there was no way for me to get my steak there. In addition, I had KW V3 coilovers I also needed installed. The dealer usually frowns on non-OEM parts, apparently even Dinan now. If I'm bringing them a brand new in the package part that they no longer sell (but used to sell), I believe this would still be an opportunity to generate revenue on their service side. After implying that is when I heard it was more about issues with Dinan products, and that's why they were refusing - Which seems to not really be the case from your post.

I took my parts to Goodspeed Performance. They had no problem sizziling my steak up to perfection. Highly competent and trained staff and better labor rate.
Appreciate 0