View Single Post
      05-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

I own a BSM 3-series, a BSM BMW bike, and a my SSII M5. Goddamn if BSM isn't the sexiest black color for a car... but holy shit is it a royal pain in the ass to maintain if you are OCD and meticulous about scratches....

Both my cars have been opticoated. On the M5 I swear I could just wash it, no wax, and it looks like pure sex, no swirl in sight. On the BSMs i slave with waxes, quick detailers, etc, just because if I look at it from the wrong angle I will see the fine spiderweb swirl... I suspect the same is true for the other deep, dark BMW metallics. As much as I love the dark colors, and how perfect they look from 10 feet, I just can't bring myself to buy another one based on how they look up close. I seriously think BMWs clear coat is just too soft, and its near impossible to get it wrapped before BMW puts it through a swirl mark-leaving car wash.

i am really curious about some of the newer up and coming aftermarket coatings... how are CQuartz or the other coatings holding up for those who have had them for a while now?