View Single Post
      09-22-2015, 05:44 AM   #74
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Having been to Dubai and other countries money, money has ZERO guarantee of taste. Not to defend the Honda guys either, but they're able to accomplish amazing things with small engines and small budgets. I chose BMW for safety and creature comforts, but I hate their absurd prices. While you spending more gives you your the placebo affect that you're actually getting quality, just remember it isn't always the case.
I'm sorry m5james you feel this way! You have no idea what it takes to build a product hand made and be consistent every time and all the CNC parts that come with it. And let's not forget all the testing and perfecting to fit like oem while making a system that is esetheticaly pleasing and get no cels on everyday driving no mater the mod.

It's easy to copy someone's hard work and claim it's no big deal and compare it to eBay or homedepot piping. The intake has changed so many time with so many hoses and clamps, transitions ect to make it a simple install and being maintenance accessible without removing the whole system.

Everything has been thought out and changed to make better every time. Not only does it make power it sounds just as good as it looks. Another thing you don't think about is buying filters in bulk for it takes a couple of months just to get them. Always investing in production and a quick turn around is not an easy task. These are not high volume plastic made products. Everyone has a job to perfect every time and no room for error.

One day if you ever get to see the intake at hand you'll see there's nothing cheap about it.

Believe me if it was as easy as you claim I would have built a set for every model. Including your x5M. If I ever get one believe me I'll spend the time in building a set and even with that who knows if I will accomplish it. The intake has gone through so much testing and perfecting do to so many cel till I finally got it right. Dmes are too smart and mafs are so sensitive you can't imagine the codes they will throw.

While the intake was made to perform it also had to have filters that could withstand any weather while filtering consistently. The material used is a 304 stainless steel mesh. Try filtering with a cloth filter or oily filter in any weather. Guarantee they will not hold up long or with stand daily use.

Also the intake comes with a prefilter that is water repellent and to restrict dirt particles as small as .005. Ask me how much that investment was to manufacture as an option at no extra charge just to give my customers the confidence they needed.

Any way sorry you're upset with me and my product and not having anything for your car at the moment. I'm so anal in everything I do and a perfectionist as you can see from the NV customers who now finally have the option. I don't build a product just to build it. This is an art not just a mod.

Hope you have a great day and afternoon.

G

Last edited by m6beast; 09-22-2015 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0