05-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
sham
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Guys, help: Car vibration at contstant speed

Hi Community,
I am writing here requesting your help. Let me explain what I have been through:
I had a repair on My M5 F10 and I noticed vibrations in the car at a certain speed (around 145 km/h), that was with my OEM winter set, I reported it, BMW asked me to pay for 2 new wheels (rim and tire) both on the right side. I did it. Picked the car and drove away.
Because of winter conditions, I did not test it. Lately I asked them to install my 20inch 343 set. Again I noticed strong vibrations starting at 145 km/h till 180 km/h. Can’t feel it over 180 may be because of wind and aerodynamics.
I decided to visit a friend having a car shop. He lifted the car up and rolled it in the air. The result was extreme vibrations in the cabin and whole chassis at 145 km/h while the front wheels were standing and just the back ones were rotating. I filmed that and took the car to BMW.
Once there, I asked them to test it the same way I did (lift it up in the garage and not test drive iton uneve public roads. They confirmed the fact and instructed me to buy a new set of wheels 343 with new tires (ok, my tires were almost dead). They also asked me to buy one hub for the left back wheel, 4 new brake discs and calipers. I ordered waited 3 weeks. Now they installed it and guess what!
Nothing changed!!!
The chief engineer was away as on Friday but I decided to pick the car anyway. I am appointed Monday 1 pm. What should I do, what do you think.
PS: car vibrated at that speed in all gears, the vibration is noticeable on the steering wheel. The vibration is not stronger if you accelerate or decelerate. The vibration is there if car is lifted and front wheels are not turning...It is just there.

Last edited by sham; 05-17-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0