///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscecc914 View Post
You don't see many M5 owners complaining because as the article says, the external changes to the M5 is basically none, except for the headlights.
I guess time will show once the full reveal becomes public and it is known what changes impacted the M5. Of course BMW reps will say it 'won't be much' as they have a whole entire model yr to sell and don't want ppl holding off for 11 months and impact sales.

As far as the F10 M5 becoming 'morally' old after it's first yr, I am no stranger to such. I had a 2000 E39 M5, which was the first yr the E39 M5 was sold in the US (it did sell as a 1999 in other continents). In 9 months it got awfully old, largely due to the 01 MY having:

1. Angel eye design (a first for BMW at the time)
2. Rear CELIS tail lights
3. Navigation screen went from a 4x3 to a 16x9
4. Steering wheel was significantly updated
5. Front PDC became available
6. M-Audio option became available

On paper seemingly small items, but when you put them together, all of a sudden it was very distinguishable if you had a first yr model. Take a look at values even today, a dozen yrs after its intro. Ppl stay away from the 00 model yr, and favor 01-03 LCI models and prices clearly show it.

I had a feeling the F10 M5 would be coming a year earlier (one reason is the F07 5-series GT came out a yr earlier than the F10 and would have been 'weird' to update the GT which is essentially a 5-series, and not carry it over to the rest of the lineup). I am glad my patience will be rewarded.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0