stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by efm9821 View Post
Not absolutely certain so check with a CA but I believe what you are looking for is "Office" which will have mail, messages and talk to text. The trick here is that it is enabled for a fee. In the BMW Assist program, there is a "Safety Package" and then a "Convienence Plan" that they charge $199/year. All the info that is on the web is woefully behind times and further the CA's seem to be even further behind in their literature they can offer you. My CA had to show me his product training videos and even those were unclear. In any event, I paid the $199 knowing that I could cancel after the fact and obtain a prorata refund if I saw no value. I've only had my M5 for a couple of days but so far I'm not seeing alot of advantage here other than the ability to send addresses from Google Maps to the car. Hope this helps put you on a track to investigate further.
I already have the convenience plan. I like it because I always call the concierge to send addresses to the nav instead of doing a search or manually entering the address.
Appreciate 0