01-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Please write about your impressions of the M5 in particular for track time. I would think that for most of us, the slight difference in track capability between the M6 and the M5 is irrelevant. Are we good enough drivers to be able to push either car to its limit? Our limit yes, but that is likely pretty much the same for either car with non-professional hands on the steering wheel. I hate to admit it, but a good driver in a much less capable car can probably kick my butt with his/her lap times. So, let the Car and Driver track test time results be a challenge for you, and if you find yourself on track in the M5 against a ZL1, perhaps your skills will allow you to beat the "faster" car......?!
why would you think the advantages of the m6 over the m5 would ONLY be appreciable right at the very limits? if this were the case, what would be the point? literally none of the actual customers would ever see any difference.

i dont think BMW designed their cars for top level race cars drivers.

if the m6 was only better than the m5 right at the very extremes, i doubt it would sell very well . it should be noticable all the way through the driving experience. ie, cornering at low speeds, medium speeds and high speeds.
Appreciate 0