02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisratz View Post
So when you guys meet somebody on the street like that, do you go through the 17 step process to engage launch control? Or do you just take off traction control and modulate the throttle on your own?
Haven't really done this a lot in the past…but I just roll with MDM (normally) and modulate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I've never even seen an SLS AMG in the flesh, much less been able to test the M5 with one. Back in my street drag racing days there was an etiquette to even the informal, non money runs that would come up. Eye contact, a hand signal, or even some words with the window down to agree to an impromptu run. If we have too much ego on the line to risk losing, that takes the fun out of it. If I lose to an SLS or a ratty looking Corvette, so be it. It's still fun to have an even start to see which car has the best performance. Maybe Mr. SLS didn't want to chance that.
Funny thing is, I saw two more on my drive home. Another black, and one white. He was behind me getting off the freeway, and then changed lanes. I took a look in the car (very tinted) but he didn't really look my direction. I figured that it was just another green light, and then - BOOM - he was gone. Kinda predicted there would be something, but I didn't want to be the other guy, run with no acknowledgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3249 View Post
I own an SLS but not an M5, mines an F12 M6 Cab. Compared to the SLS I do think their a little similar but after about 70 I think the SLS will pull away. What makes the SLS amazing is high speeds feel like nothing even compared to my F12. There are videos of SLS's pulling away from 458s. Granted the M5/6 are half the price, much more comfortable and have either 2/3 more seats they are in my eyes an even bigger accomplishment.
This very well may be the case as I backed off. The SLS is fast.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0