View Single Post
      04-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #55
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Oh Grandpa, you're the best Grandpa, we love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
I don't think still people realize how good the E60 M5 S85 V10 motor was. It easily qualified as a pure supercar engine put in a 4200 lbs sedan. The engine in E60 M5 is unbelievably good. Whenever I hear that car on the road in real life, it gives me goosebumps like a few car can ever.
Just this evening I was spraying off my 4Runner and mountain bike at a local car wash and a guy pulled up in a black E60 M5 with 30 day tags. I was immediately envious. I followed him out and agree that it doesn't sound like anything at idle and when he pulled away he got on it a bit. WHOOOAA, I about wet my pants. THAT IS AN ENGINE. You have to hear it in real life to appreciate it, no youtube video does it justice. The pricing on earlier model E60s is getting quite attractive too. This was a $90k + car in 2006, and they're starting in the $30k's now.

The E60 is discounted as a legend because of its polarizing looks. I did not like the E60 for many years and then I bought one last year because it came up by word of mouth and I couldnt pass up a excellant deal. I love the car.

BMW does not mess up an M model. I dont think they mess up anything. Some models are considered more attractive and timeless compared to others, but that is subjective.
Appreciate 0