View Single Post
      11-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #21
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmiken View Post
Thanks! I've been layering Zaino Z-7 over it with good results but I bet the M1 is way superior optically and probably longer lasting.

I'm considering polishing off the 22PLE and going for the BC-06 over entire car, wheels, and exhaust tips. You mentioned you thought the BC-06 was overkill. Even for wheels and exhaust you think?
Assuming you mean Z-8 (grand finale)? Awesome stuff, works very well on metallic black (wife's car has ZAIO + 3 coats of ZFX+Z5 maintained with Z-8). Optically the Z-8 probably has the edge in terms of providing wet look on darker colours, M1 ahead in terms of sealant tech. May be worth a go before you remove the 22ple. Note that if you apply modesta glass coating and let it cure, you will struggle to remove (feedback I've had from the pro detailers).

BC-06 is good, overkill comment was in regards to heat resistance; I don't believe stock exhausts & wheels/brake dust get to 1300 deg C (I don't track mine & stand to be corrected)?

BC-03 & BC-05 are the more developed glass coatings and, hence, more expensive. Note that modesta is based on an industrial mould release agent/coating used in Japan, then developed for automotive paintwork to protect inferior (to BMW) paint in relatively harsh environmental conditions (compared with UK at least). BC-06 will work very well on paintwork, exhaust & wheels, 03 & 05 can be considered the next step up.

I'll try and find the facts sheet and post here later today.

Last edited by Dionysus; 11-13-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0