View Single Post
      05-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
czarmar
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzade46m3 View Post
Just noticed this on the configurator, Carpeted Floor Mats $152??

Am I missing something, even my 20K Honda came with free floor mats...

Floormats appear on the list of standard features. You shouldn't have to pay extra for them.

My guess is that comfort access will become standard, as there's quite an uproar to be required to get a $5500 options package with dubious value to get what is considered a pretty basic feature for a circa 2012 car, moreso a halo car.

If BMW were offering a 'stripper' M5, which seems oxymoronic, perhaps they could justify leaving off the comfort access as a standard accessory, or at least making it optionally available as a stand alone option.

To BMW NA, here's what your list of exec. package options do for me:
Heated Steering Wheel
• Heated rear seats - This option will get very minimal usage
• Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades - I'd rather tint my windows. The sunshades are easy to break, and in my old car, they create rattling headaches.
• Power tailgate - Nice to have, extra weight. I really like the premium package in the 528i that includes this feature. The 528i premium package is a lot of value for the cost.
• Active front seats - Extra weight
• BMW Apps - You still have to pay extra for the cradle, and BMW apps doesn't do a lot right now. I'd rather not take my phone out of my pocket anyways, except on longish trips.
• Front ventilated seats - Extra weight, harder to clean, not important to me
• Soft-close automatic doors - Extra weight
• Head-up Display - One of the useful options
• Smartphone Integration - Comes with BMW Apps
• 4-zone automatic climate control - very low usage

Hmm, comfort access doesn't appear on this list. Here's hoping BMW NA gets a little smarter. I'm not paying for the exec. package to get comfort access. Someone please tell me how much WEIGHT the exec. package adds to an already heavy car..

I still want the heavy 20" wheels, because they are amazing, and the 19"s look so dull.
Appreciate 0