Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
First off congrats! I spent some time yesterday looking at M5s for my future order, and think you will love the car.

A question on ED pricing and negotiation.... the difference between ED MSRP and ED invoice for a similarly configured M5 is about $8k.

Are you saying that you paid about $6k over ED invoice?

For those that have done this, is this the norm? For other BMWs with higher rates of production you can negotiate down to $1-2K over Invoice. (heck, I got my 2013 3-series for under US Invoice, but readily acknowledge those are dime a dozen).

I understand that when the car was newly released, there was limited stock or build dates available... but at this point there seems to be market saturation (went to the local dealer yesterday and they had like 8 M5s sitting on the lot), and CAs should be more negotiable -- especially for and ED, which is essentially a paperwork drill.
Many were getting 1-2k over ED invoice when ED was not coming out of allocation. As of now, ED does come out of dealer allocation but according to some, 1-2k over ED invoice is still possible, at some high volume dealershiops with particular salepeople.

I was trading in so buying out of state, like in Atlanta just wasnt an option. I also like having a face to face with someone im buying a $100k car from. I ended up getting $3k in addition to the ED discount, and was more than happy, since they offered me more than I expected on my trade in.

In the end, its what you want your sales experience to be. If you dont have a trade in and am willing to deal strictly over the phone, search the ED pricing threads and contact one of the dealers still willing to do 1-2k over invoice. The other thing for me was wanting to service the car at the dealership I bought at, have had issues in the past servicing at dealerships I did not buy at.

And when talking 1-2k over invoice, im sure for some thats not inclusive of guzzler tax.