View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #50
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

jmh, et al.

I've had DVD playback working while in motion and I have gone through and set some of your values from your list (or in some cases verified they were already set) regarding media handling. I've yet to end up with a Video option in the menu: just the standard DVD/CD.

Two questions on video capabilities:

1) Did I understand you were able to rip a DVD to the hard drive? Or is it just if you put a USB stick with a video on it you are able to import that to the hard drive?

2) Playing video from the iPhone4s without a cradle (via the regular USB cable)- have you achieved this? I noticed this past weekend an entry in the ESYS dialog that looked like you declared which USB to source video content from. In my case it had USB2. I don't have or plan to have a cradle. Any thoughts on whether modifying this to be USB1 is part of the solution for playing video back from iPhone4s over the USB cable (without a cradle)?

note: when I playback video now I get the audio on the car, I get feedback on the iPhone4 screen that the video is playing on "the tv" (and not the iPhone Screen), but I never end up with video on the car screen.
Appreciate 0