05-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I am hearing similar information from my dealer (to your second deposit location). Nothing is allocated except for 1 single car that is going to Honolulu. Maybe you were able to place the order in anticipation of the allocation?

It would be helpful if one of the dealer representatives would jump in and update everybody with a technical explanation of the order process and what we can expect.

Maybe they dont know either?
Yeah, that would be nice. My dealer (the one with my order) emailed me a PDF out of some BMW system though?!?! Looks like it is an order with BMW (not the dealer's system since there is information about the dealership as well). The dealer that sent me the note saying there is no allocations did tell me about the Honolulu one but he said even that order did not have a vehicle allocated or assigned to it yet.

Dealers/Jason/someone smarter or more in the know than us - any input?

UPDATE: Dealer called and said the 047's are configs placed into the ordering system in priority order. As a dealer gets an allocation, the 047 changes to the next stage and the order automatically coverts in the order the configs are placed at that dealer. Apparently they can put in an unlimited number of 047's (configs) at each dealer for the people willing to buy one and then they just convert as allocations free up. Bummer...guess the best you can ask for now is being your dealer's top config in priority and then hope they get an allocation immediately when they are allocated from BMW.

Last edited by lawpurv99; 05-03-2012 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0