mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesry09 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just in the process of getting into an M5. Have the E90 M3 but with kids on the way the wife told me I needed something bigger. So my "daddy mobile" is going to be the M5 LOL

I was looking all over the net trying to see if there was anything that stuck out as a pretty good deal. Also, been checking around here to see what people are paying but everyone seems to be doing the ED which isn't an option for me. While doing my search I can across a M5 at Kuni BMW in Beaverton, OR which was listed for 94,995 with a msrp of 101,875. So of course I inquire about the vehicle and shortly after the salesperson discloses that the vehicle hit a deer while on a test drive. The damage totalled about $5500 which was all done conveniently by Kuni bodyshop. I am assuming because the ownership is the same they got a pretty good deal so the total would actually be higher. The front bumper, hood, right front panel, right front headlamp and reflector were all replaced.

After much talk with the salesperson and me saying I wasn't comfortable spending that on a vehicle that had that much damage they lowered the price to 93,500. We are still far off on what I would ever be comfortable paying.

My question to you guys is would you touch this vehicle for any price? If so, what would it take for you to feel comfortable buying it?

Also, what are these vehicles going for these days? Couple thousand below MSRP sound right?

Thanks guys!
Kuni is my Dealership. I have seen this car on the showroom floor. I remember it because it was de-badged. I thought it was odd at the time but then remembered the Owner of the dealership had a Black M5 demo. Perhaps she wanted to be low key. I believe it has 400mi. Are you leasing or buying?

I wonder if the repair is reported on the title. I only ask because kuni is the only BMW certified collision center around us. They do top quality work.

Also, is the car new with no miles and full warranty/maintenance?

I would try and negotiate ED invoice price plus an extended warranty for a total of 6 years 100k miles. This is assuming that the car is "new."

People that say the car will be all messed up might be exaggerating. Look at how many body panels and roofs are pulled off during modding. Replacing parts is what cars are designed to have done. If you get a great price and a warranty then go for it I say.

Also, I believe this car was driven by the Owner of the dealership as her personal "DEMO" car. She apparently had it for 400miles and then hit a deer? Then got something else I assume. I don't believe the test drive story. Although I suppose it is somewhat true if you consider an exec demo a "test drive."

If you want I can test drive it to get a feel of how it compares to my M5. I know a great Deer habitat near by.

This car will definitely sell. It is just a matter of at what price.
Specs of the car are:
Black Sapphire with silverstone extended. Piano black trim. Exec pkg, Driver assist pkg. 20" wheels.
417miles
Debadged

Matt
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black

Last edited by mwlmd; 01-31-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0